The Thrive Network Coworking space is committed to a policy enabling all member activities to be carried out safely, and with all possible measures taken to remove (or at least reduce) risks to the health, safety and welfare of members, authorised visitors, and anyone else who may be affected by our operations.
We are committed to ensuring we comply with the Work Health and Safety Act 2012, the Work Health and Safety Regulations 2012 and applicable Codes of Practice and Australian Standards as far as possible.
The Thrive Network Coworking Space:
Will provide and maintain as far as possible:
- a safe working environment;
- plant and substances in safe and maintained condition;
- facilities for the welfare of members;
- information, instruction, inductions and supervision that is reasonably necessary to ensure that each member is safe from injury and risks to health, this includes site inductions and ongoing information (via regular updates) relevant to members of the space;
- a commitment to consult and co-operate with members where and as required in all matters relating to health and safety in the workplace when and as required;
- a commitment to try and continually improve our performance through effective safety management.
Each member has an obligation to:
- comply with safe work practices, with the intent of avoiding injury to themselves and others and damage to plant and equipment;
- take reasonable care of the health and safety of themselves and others;
- wear personal protective equipment and clothing if and where required;
- comply with any direction given by The Thrive Network Coworking team for health and safety;
- not misuse or interfere with anything provided for health and safety;
- report all accidents and incidents in the space immediately, no matter how trivial;
- report all known or observed hazards to the Thrive Network community manager.
Application of this policy
We seek the co-operation of all members, visitors and other persons. We encourage suggestions for realising our health and safety objectives to create a safe working environment.
We recommend that all businesses operating within our coworking space also have their own specific workplace health and safety plan specific to the needs and work practices of their own staff.
Policy authorised by: Daniel Prince Date: 17/8/2018